What is A Spousal Petition? – Family Immigration Services in Dallas TX Area

Immigration services Dallas TX AreaFamily immigration services in Dallas TX Area help married couples to stay together. By petitioning a spouse through U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, you can bring your spouse into the U.S. as a lawful permanent resident or in other words, get them a green card.

Petitioning a spouse involves filing certain forms for your alien wife or husband to allow them into the United States. If you are a U.S. citizen (or hold a green card), and your spouse resides in another country, you’ll need to file an immigrant visa petition (Form I-130) and pay the filing fee. Contact family immigration services in Dallas TX Area if you are unsure about how to fill out forms.
All persons applying for spousal petition must complete the following:

Fill out and sign two copies of form G-325A
Include any divorce papers, death certificates, etc. that demonstrate previous marriages are over
Passport-type photos for you and your spouse
Any evidence of legal name changes
U.S. citizens must provide documentation with spousal petition applications. The documentation should be either a valid U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, a citizenship certificate or naturalization certificate. Green card holders must prove their status with a photocopy of the front and back of their green card (Form I-551) or a foreign passport with a stamp showing temporary evidence of your permanent residency.

Leave a Comment