As I have just had a hernia op and a few months off work
You will have to prove this happened at work any of these firms will lift you on, make sure you read the smallprint [ no claim no fee]
5 Steps to Filing Your Auto Insurance Claim
1. Evaluate whether or not you should profile a claim: Did you know that just when you call your insurance company near a question about possibly file a claim it is often recorded on your insurance account? It is important to keep your insurance register clean and one way is decide whether or not you should file a claim. It doesn’t matter if the happenstance is your fault or not, you should ask yourself first if you can pay for the injure. Simply put, if you can pay for it yourself without financial hard times, don’t file the claim.
2. Fill out your What to do After an Auto Accident Worksheet: This worksheet, which when you click on the title is provided for print-out, will help you maintain track of the information you will need to file your auto insurance claim. It is vital to get every detail of the accident documented and to try to find witnesses that would be feeling like to talk to your insurance company to back-up your story.
3. File the claim ASAP: You will want to file the claim as soon as possible next to your insurance company. Even if it is not your fault, your insurance company will handle the claim process as your urge.
4. Prepare for a possible call from the other insurance company: If there is a dispute between the two party in the accident, you may bring a call from the other driver’s insurance company asking for your version of what happen at the accident scene. If this happens produce sure you document everything you say and the name of the customer service agent you talk too.
5. Finally, getting your car fixed: If you had body wreck to your vehicle this is when you will finally get it fixed. After your claim is approved, you will likely capture a call from your insurance company about sending an insurance adjuster out to assess the defacement or asking you to send your car to a pre-approved shop to seize it fixed. Source(s): http://www.gogo168.net/Auto/2007-03-26/1752.html
If you are a member of a Trade Union you will attain free advice. If you go to an ambulance chaser you will not take very much compen, if any, as their cut will be very giant compared to the award you may (or may not) be entitled to. Do NOT believe all these adverts!!
BY MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORKERS LAW YOU WOULD HAVE HAD TO INFORM THE COMPANY OF THIS ACCIDENT WITHIN 24 HOURS OF IT.
IF YOU DID NOT THEN THEY WILL INVESTIGATE THIS CLAIM AND SEE JUST WHAT YOU ARE CLAIMING AND CHECK TO SEE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR COMPENSATION.
GOOD LUCK AND GET WELL. Source(s): 923